B-grade Gourmet Spots in Nagano Area
- Gourmet / Alcohol
- Nagano Pref. Naganoshi Kinasa 1687-1
- An oyaki dumpling specialty shop located in Kinasa, Nagano City, Nagano Prefecture, a mountain hamlet with a view of the beautiful Hida Mountains. Irohado’s popular oyaki are prepared one at a time by hand, the wheat and buckwheat flour dough stuffed with local farm and mountain vegetables, mushrooms, and other fillings. Oven baked rather than steamed, Irohado’s oyaki have an addictively crisp crust. Inside, you can enjoy your oyaki with a cup of tea near the shop’s old-fashioned sunken hearth. There is also a café and gallery in the back of the building.
- Ogawa no Shou Oyakimura
- Gourmet / Alcohol
- Nagano Pref. Kamiminochigunogawamura Takafu 6937
- An oyaki dumpling shop and restaurant located in Takafu, Ogawa Village, Kamiminochi County. The establishment serves oyaki, handmade soba noodles, and seasonal dishes. The establishment also has a Jomon period-style pit dugout dwelling where you can make an oyaki and cook it on the irori sunken hearth, then eat them.
It is like going back in time. This place is not so old, but was built like an old place and old people are working there. It is very cozy, dark inside, but a lot of light in the main hall. The dark...
- Shinshu Gourmet Workshop (Suwako SA Inbound)
- Nagano Suwa-shi Toyoda Suwako Service Area (Inbound)
Nagano Main Areas
Nagano prefecture is an exciting mix of mountains, hot spring monkeys, and preserved Edo history. At the heart of the Japanese Alps, Nagano is one of the country’s most popular destinations, whether in winter for its snow sports and the much-loved Jigokudani Monkey Park or in the warmer months for discovering the undulating hills on foot. For fantastic Edo architecture, head to the Kiso Valley for a 60-kilometer stretch of quaint wooden buildings that marked the Nakasendo route 200 years ago.
Best of Nagano
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa