Souvenirs Spots in Kochi Area
- Kouchi Pref. Kounanshi Akaokachou 448-1
- Located just seven minutes from the Akaoka Station by foot, the Okkoya is a variety shop handling handmade products and second-hand items including, Japanese zori, wooden geta sandals, ceramic and glass products, as well as vintage cameras and sewing machines. Along with the everyday sundries they also carry fashion accessories, making a visit to the store even worth just browsing. It is an inviting locale with a relaxing atmosphere created by the locals who enjoy just hanging out with the friendly owners. Uchiwa paper fan-making workshops can be arranging by reservation in advance.
- Kouchi Pref. Kouchishi Nida 201-2
- This drive-in rest stop is located on the side of the Kuroshio Line in Niida, Kochi City. It features four restaurants for visitors to enjoy. At the Tosa Tataki Dojo, guests can eat freshly-caught skipjack tuna they seared themselves with burning straw. At the café Kashiko, guests can enjoy sweets made with adzuki bean paste. Other restaurants include Kujira no Ippuku, which offers seared skipjack tuna donburi (rice bowls), and Omusubi Kororin, which specialized in udon noodles. There is also a shop that offers processed Tosa seafood products, local sake, local sweets, and other local products.
- Hirome Market
- Kouchi Pref. Kouchishi Obiyamachi 2-3-1
- This eatery and souvenir shop is located inside the Hirome Market of “yatai” (food stand)” village, food court in Obiya-machi 2-Chome, Kochi City. It offers dishes made with seasonal fresh fish such as seared skipjack tuna and seared moray eel, whale dishes, oden (hodgepodge stew), udon and soba noodles, and other items. The sushi corner, which opens in the evenings and sells sushi by the piece, and nighttime exclusives such as buta no kakuni (stewed pork belly) are very popular. It also offers Kochi souvenirs such as local sake and sweets.
- AKI STATION JIBASAN MARKET
- Kochi Aki-shi Yanomaru 4-2-30
- Kochi Ryoma Airport Tosaden Shop
- Kochi Nankoku Hisaeda
- Nippon Coral center
- Kouchi Pref. Kouchishi Tanezaki Urato Ohashi east
- Kamo Ya
- Kochi Kochi-shi Urado 6
- Oku Monobe Furusato Tourist Center
- Kochi Kami-shi Monobecho Odochi 872-2
- Kouchi Pref. Takaokagunshimantochou Tokawa 4-1
Kochi Main Areas
The largest of Shikoku’s prefectures, Kochi is endowed with some of the island’s most exceptional sand beaches lining the Pacific Ocean, which narrows into the Shimanto-gawa, a huge river that stretches 196 kilometers into the prefecture, passing verdant mountains and hosting countless riverside activities. Whether you’re a pilgrim or not, Kochi’s 16 Buddhist temples that make up one leg of the Shikoku Pilgrimage are worth a visit, particularly Chikurin-ji for its five-tier pagoda.
Best of Kochi
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa