Ebisu Soba restaurant
Soba / Udon
Founded in 1898, the Ebisu Soba restaurant is the oldest Soba noodles restaurant in the Hida Takayama region. Ebisu Soba makes its Soba noodles using a unique recipe that has remained largely unchanged since the restaurant was founded, with a ratio of 70–75% buckwheat flour to 25–30% wheat flour. The restaurant is proud of its noodle broth, made using a secret recipe which involves allowing the broth to steep for a specified period of time; this broth gives the Soba noodles their delicate, delicious flavor. Ebisu Soba is located in a traditional Machiya townhouse, so diners can enjoy a unique atmosphere redolent of times gone by. The restaurant is situated around 15 minutes’ walk from JR Takayama Station.
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Kamininomachi 46
- Takayama Area
- Tuesday (The next day for Public holidays)
- Parking Lot
- Available 2spaces
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- Available (Soba Eating Manga Available)
* Currently, we are operating in a short time as a countermeasure against the new coronavirus.
[Business Hours] 11:00-15:00
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (only one seat is available. Please contact the store.)
- Infant friendly
- Yes (Services for infants and children are also available.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Yummy hot soup in cold weather
- Delicious noodles. Very helpful staffs who help to fulfill our orders. We request to have a quail egg for the traditional soba noodles which is not inside the menu. Their curry ramen is yummy too.
- Loved this food! Delicious, and quite unique to local area. Also came with cute manga about how to eat the noodles.
- A gem for vegetarians!
- Given that this city is infamous for its Hida beef, we found it hard to find a truly vegetarian place. Even vegetarian ramen in Japan is made mostly in pork broth and includes bits of imitation crab...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.