Food&Drink in Tokushima
Recommended new articles
What to Eat in Tokushima Prefecture
- Tokushima is noted for fresh fish locally caught on the Seto Inland Sea, while its singular, raw egg-topped Tokushima ramen has won over noodle lovers across Japan. Doll-shaped dekomawashi is another local speciality, while the western Iya region offers traditional country recipes perfected over centuries. Tokushima Ramen at Ramen Todai Tokushima Ramen at Ramen Todai Ramen Tokushima-style is becoming increasingly popular across Japan, and here you can sample what locals deem to be the definitive version: Ramen Todai topped the local magazine’s ramen rankings for three consecutive years. Tokushima ramen differs from other regional recipes in that it uses fried pork belly in place of the usual cha-shu, and is topped with a raw egg. Noodles, meanwhile, are thin and straight, with the shoyu broth boiled with pork bone. Ramen Todai is located on Omichi street east of Mt. Bizan, and is open until 4am. Kendojaya’s TV station-inspired donburi Kendojaya’s TV station-inspired donburi Another Tokushima ramen spot, this time located by Tokushima Station and having more of a traditionally Japanese atmosphere than the typical ramen joint. Alongside the signature Tokushima ramen, Kendojaya also offers Tokushima-don. This consists of a tea-infused variant of the various Tokushima ramen ingredients served atop a donburi bowl of rice in place of noodles, and was originally devised by the canteen cook at the local Fuji TV station. Naruto sea bream at Arashi Naruto Naruto sea bream at Arashi Naruto This relaxed, no-frills restaurant, located in the city of Naruto north of Tokushima City, offers superior quality, locally-caught fish with sea bream being a speciality. Diners choose the exact fish they wish to eat by selecting from the on-premises fish tanks, with their selection then prepared as sashimi while it is still alive. Tempura and grilled fish are also offered, with jazzy background music adding some pizzaz to the atmosphere. Doll-shaped dekomawashi at Ikoi Shokudo Doll-shaped dekomawashi at Ikoi Shokudo Ikoi Shokudo, in western Tokushima’s Iya region, offers traditional recipes originating in the surrounding countryside. The house speciality is dekomawashi, which consists of tofu, konnyaku (a jelly-like ingredient made from a member of the yam family), and potato coated in miso paste and grilled on skewers over an open fire. Dekomawashi gets its name from the way that, as it is rotated over the flames, it resembles the head of a traditional dekoningyo doll. Other dishes include grilled amego (a local river fish) and udon noodles. Al fresco desserts at La Fete Al fresco desserts at La Fete This cafe, in the southern Sangenyacho district nearby one of Tokushima City’s numerous rivers, offers Western-style light dishes and desserts in a stylish, airy space surrounded by a leafy garden with al fresco seating for balmy days. It is sweet treats that La Fete is known for locally, with favorites including sudachi-flavored jelly (sudachi, a small green citrus fruit, is a Tokushima speciality), and strawberry parfait. ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- 17. February. 2018
- Momijitei soba noodles restaurant
- Soba / Udon
- Tokushima Pref. Miyoshishi Yamashirochounishiu 1468 - 1 River Station West - West
家族で訪問しました。 利用は2回目です。 清潔感のある解放的な店内で 徳島ラーメンが味わえます。 徳島ラーメンは 関西人的にはやや濃い味に感じるかも？ でも、生卵を落としたり、 白ご飯を残ったスープに混ぜ込んだりと、 徳島ラーメン的作法さえわかっていたら、 丁度良くなると思います。 なんで、食べ方は… お店の人に遠慮なく聞いた方が良いかも？ 折角の徳島ラーメン、楽しまなきゃ(^。^)
- Sobadoujou restaurant
- Soba / Udon
- Tokushima Pref. Miyoshishi Higashiya Mount Ochiai 651
- Tarai Udon Niimiya
- Soba / Udon
- Tokushima Pref. Awashi Donarichoumiyagawauchi Kambata 100-1
- O-ba'sh cafe.
- 1-26 Higashisenba, Tokushima City, Tokushima Prefecture
- CHU CHU CHURROS CAFE (Tokushima Station Store)
- 1-55 Tsutaya Building 1F, Terajima Honcho, Tokushima City, Tokushima Prefecture
Excellent choice of flavours and shapes! I live in France where we can eat churros all year round, so I never expected to enjoy this cafe as much as I did. The owner was courteous and kind, making...
Tokushima Main Areas
The southeastern corner of Shikoku is home to Tokushima prefecture, a region celebrated for its luscious nature and the nation’s favorite Awa Odori, an energetic dance to which an annual summer festival has been dedicated. Keeping the upbeat tempo, whirlpools excite the Naruto sea off Tokushima, while inland, dramatic cliffs line the Iya Valley, promising unrivaled views of vast and vibrant scenery.
Best of Tokushima
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa