Nightlife in Mt. Chokai / Yokote
Recommended new articles
Top Nighttime Hangouts in Japan
- Bars and izakayas, Japanese style pubs, have been around since the fermentation of alcohol in Japan. There are so many places that each new establishment gets competitive, creating better menus and more diverse drink choices. From the large chain city izakayas to the smallest hole in the walls in rural towns, Japan knows how to spend a night out. There are many contenders throughout Japan for the best night hangouts but these places are the perfect spots to grab a quick drink, chat with friendly locals and try a taste of Japan’s smaller nightlife outside of Tokyo. Drink a Corona in Kumamoto Drink a Corona in Kumamoto Kumamoto, down southwest in Kyushu, is known for its castle and warm weather. Bar Corazon is a cozy bar right in the heart of Kumamoto’s nightlife center and attracts a fair amount of both locals and foreigners. The outdoor patio space resembles a beach shack which helps diners relax like they are on the beach. Bar Corazon specializes in Mexican food and drinks, serving burritos, guacamole, and Corona and Tecate beer. The bar is very English friendly with a large expat crowd, and the host, Hillary, helps strangers become friends. Mingle with local farmers in rural Jumonji Mingle with local farmers in rural Jumonji Jumonji, located in Yokote city in Akita, is a small farming village best known for its fresh produce and apples. The owner, Madoka san, is determined to spread the beauty of her hometown through the travelers traveling through Akita. She has since opened Camosiba Hostel and Bar, where visitors explore the farm during the day and mingle with locals in the evening. The bar serves Akita sake and homemade dinners, sometimes made from the produce picked that day. Camosiba encourages conversation between the local farmers and visitors, blending country and city life. The local farmers are friendly and enjoy talking about their hometown. The ambiance is mellow and cozy, perfect for a relaxing evening in the countryside. Make friends with locals in Morioka Make friends with locals in Morioka Sundance is a two story pub popular with both travelers and locals. Located in Morioka, the capital of Iwate Prefecture, Sundance not only provides good drinks and food, it is also one of the friendliest places in the city. The owner is friendly and the staff can speak some English.The bar occasionally hosts live shows by local artists, a great way to see how the locals spend their evenings in Morioka. The food is an eclectic selection, as Sundance calls itself an Irish Pub with Tex Mex food. From fish and chips to tacos to Guinness, Sundance truly has everything to offer. Drink an IPA in Sapporo Drink an IPA in Sapporo In need of some hops? Beer Inn Mugishutei in Sapporo has everything a craft beer lover needs, practically everything. The walls are covered in both domestic and imported craft beers from around the world and the English speaking owner is very friendly and happy to provide recommendations. There are six taps all providing craft beer along with hundreds of bottles of craft beer from all around the world. Feeling hungry? Be sure to try the house made American style burgers, some of the best in Japan. Mexican and Okinawan themed fusion food in Borrachos Mexican and Okinawan themed fusion food in Borrachos For a colorful night out in the warm city of Naha stop by Borrachos for Mexican and Okinawan themed fusion food. One of the popular dishes is the Mexican soba, a blend of Mexican spices with Okinawan soba and vegetables. Borrachos occasionally hosts live shows with local bands that draws in crowds from all over the city. The restaurant closes at 5AM which gives ample time for drinking margaritas and enjoying the warm island air. ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
Stay at Camosiba Hostel & Bar in Yokote
- Camosiba Hostel & Bar is a charming hostel offering shared accommodation in an old “kura” (warehouse building) in the village of Jumonji, part of Yokote City. A stay here is not only about enjoying low cost accommodation in a picturesque setting, it’s also a chance to join the local community of creatives and farmers who are looking to put this region of Akita on the map. Stay at Camosiba Hostel & Bar in Yokote Madoka-san, the owner and operator of Camoshiba, decided to get back to her roots after living in the big city and restored a historical warehouse a short distance away from Jumonji Station. The result is two beautiful and cozy areas; on one side a hostel area, and a bar on the other. Stay at Camosiba Hostel & Bar in Yokote The hostel accommodates up to 15 guests at a time in three shared rooms equipped with comfortable bunk beds. Guests share the a dining room and kitchen which lends easily to morning conversation and practical shower rooms. The bar area, which is without a doubt the best part of Camosiba is open to both staying guests and locals who come to wind down mainly at the end of the day while enjoying some of Akita’s best sakes and delicious food prepared with locally grown produce. Stay at Camosiba Hostel & Bar in Yokote ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- Izakaya Yaya Ieka
- Other Izakaya Pub
- Akita Pref. Yokoteshi Ekimaechou 3-12
- Other Restaurant
- Akita Pref. Yokoteshi Ekimaechou 3-13
本来は居酒屋さんのようですが、ランチあり。 ここの横手焼そばは店内の情報によると 伝統的な作り方をしたもののようです。 麺はゆで上げてから使用するようですし、 特にソースが自家製で、かなりシャビシャビしています。 そのため持ち帰りは不可で、調理の効率が悪いので イベントなどへの出店もしないようです。 目玉焼きは比内地鶏の卵を使用。 ということで、今までスーパーなどに売っていた 横手焼きそばとはちょ...
- Uotami Yokoteekimaeten
- Shirokiya / Warawara / Uotami
- Akita Pref. Yokoteshi Ekimaechou 6-47 Izumi building first floor
- Cliff Side Club
- Other Izakaya Pub
- Akita Pref. Yokoteshi Tanakamachi 2-2
映画のポスターがあちこちに貼られていて楽しい。 2階には立派なオーディオセットが。 仲間との飲み会で利用。 飲み放題付きで4,000円のコース。 どの料理も手が込んでいて、 お得感があると私は感じた。 皆でペロリと平らげました。 年中無休の素晴らしいお店。
- Uotami Yuzawa Ekimae
- Shirokiya / Warawara / Uotami
- Akita Yuzawa-shi Omotemachi 1-1-26
チェーン店です。 日本の他の地域にもたくさんお店があるので、観光客というか地元の方向けです。 夜中までやっているのが助かります。
Famed for its sake and samurai, Akita prefecture offers quintessential Japanese culture in a non-touristy setting. Alongside the celebrated rice paddies and historical sites of the region lies dramatic natural scenery in the form of the rugged coastline of the Oga Peninsula and the Dakigaeri Gorge, best visited in autumn, when the leaves begin to change color.
Best of Akita
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa