Nightlife in Yamanashi
Recommended new articles
Happy days are here again: Kofu Food Village
- Towns like Kofu are in an odd position, right on the tourist track, blessed with a stunning natural landscape and sitting atop the surrounding fertile farmland, but tough to get folks to stick around on their way to somewhere else. Even if someone makes a detour for one of the city’s festivals, or to stop by the Takeda Shrine, tracking down the best places to eat and drink can be tough. The Kofu Food Village is an admirable project: slowing visitors down and giving them a reason to relax for an evening in the city, and delivering some much needed redevelopment to the city. Happy days are here again: Kofu Food Village While the Kofu Food Village project is new, it is built within a shell with plenty of history. The Yoshino Building went up in 1946, anchoring a moderately swinging nightlife district. The building was home to supper clubs, snack bars and grimy-glamorous hostess bars, and the party kept going—until the Bubble burst. A long decline set in, with nearly all tenants having long vacated the Yoshino. A few years back, some younger Kofu residents conceived of creating a yatai mura (a food stall village) in the Yoshino, and the result is the Kofu Food Village. There is something of a yatai feel to the shops in the main area, but plenty of other options, as well. Happy days are here again: Kofu Food Village Assisted by those who aim to achieve their own goals and create a lively place in Kofu, the project was born. With time, local restaurants and izakaya shifted their business or opened a branch in the Kofu Food Village. There is still plenty of room to grow, with a number of spaces still vacant, but for the first time in decades, the Yoshino Building is buzzing. It’s a fitting tribute to the heady atmosphere that prevailed in the building over most of the past six decades, and a sign that there’s still life left in Kofu. Happy days are here again: Kofu Food Village ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- 6. December. 2018
- Restlounge bAmboo
- Live House / Club
- Yamanashi Pref. Koufushi Kamikogawarachou 1041 - 5 T Building 103
- Gohan Bar Chirorin-mura
- Bar / Western Bar / Dining Bar
- Yamanashi Kofu Yumura 2-6-33
甲府滞在中に、母と2人で夕飯を食べに行きました。 庭を抜けてレストランに入ると、元気に明るくオーナーのフミコサンが迎えてくれました。 創作アジア料理(?)と言えば良いのかしら？ ハワイ風ピラフや生春巻きなど堪能しました。 生の音楽ライブもあり、フミコサンの歌もあり、料理だけでなく、すっかり魅了されてしまいました。 フミコサン、一体何者？？ 魂のこもった素敵な歌なのです。 気に入りすぎて、2日後には...
- Bar / Western Bar / Dining Bar
- Yamanashi Kofu Satoyoshi 4-1-1
- Other Izakaya Pub
- Yamanashi Fujiyoshida-shi Shimoyoshida 5-11-15
河口湖駅周辺で夜ゴハンを探していると、コピーライターの糸井重里さん御用達とのお店を発見。 電話をしてカウンター席を確保してもらい、河口湖駅からタクシーで10分ほどの糸力に伺いました。住宅街で見つけづらいのでタクシーにお願いした方がいいと思います。 メニューは豊富な日本酒、つまみ、刺身、定食、カレーとユニークで食事の方も呑みの方もいました。アジの刺身がこの量で650円とお安く、さば味噌煮も甘く美...
- Fujiyama Beer
- Beer Hall / Beer Restaurant
- Yamanashi Fujiyoshida-shi Araya 1936
Yamanashi Main Areas
Yamanashi prefecture is the proud home of one of Japan’s most celebrated icons: Mount Fuji. Although the mountain straddles both Yamanashi and Shizuoka, the most breathtaking views of Fuji-san can be seen from the Fuji Five Lakes north of the mountain in Yamanashi prefecture. The plethora of outdoor activities in and around the lakes all have the benefit of the country’s highest mountain as their backdrop, and we can assure you that it is an unforgettable sight.
Best of Yamanashi
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa