Roadside Station Shodoshima Olive Park
Michi no Eki Road Station
This rest area is located within Shodoshima Olive Park in Shodoshima Town, Shodoshima County, Kagawa Prefecture. About 2,000 olive trees and over 130 types of herbs are cultivated here, and the park offers an expansive view of the Seto Inland Sea. The pure white “Greek windmill” and other features give the area a distinctly Mediterranean feel. The site includes a cafe with a wonderful view, as well as the “Olive Museum,” which has a shop that offers various olive-themed goods. There’s also an herb garden and the rocket used in the live-action adaptation of “Kiki’s Delivery Service,” along with a natural hot spring, a craft workshop facility, a lodging facility, and more. The cherry blossoms from late March through early April are gorgeous, and there are night cherry blossom light-up events held as well.
- Kagawa Pref. Shouzugunshoudoshimachou Nishimura A: 1941-1
- Shodo Island Area
- open everyday
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay)
- Not available (indoor Not available)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
- * Pets are not allowed to enter the store, but you can take a walk outdoors.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (Olive Memorial Hall is only on the 1st floor, San Olive is on all floors)
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Not allowed (indoor entry not allowed, outdoor walks allowed)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Nice place to visit
- Its a nice place, but be sure to wear comfortable shoes. While the pathways are smooth, there are some steep ones and if youre not careful, you might end of sliding accidentally. This place has...
- Cute visit to little Greece
- Shodoshima is more recently known for its Olive Oil and this park celebrates it. It has a large grove of olive trees in front an behind the main building. There are land marks dotted around the...
- Free , relaxing, fun
- The buses are bit more frequently than other places in shodoshima. Bus took us right at entrance, you can viewing most of the main spots here within 30 minutes, but took us nearly 30 minutes to take...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.