Naritasan Nagoya Betsuin Temple
A branch temple of the Buddhist Daihonzan Naritasan Shinshoji Temple in Narita City, Chiba Prefecture. The temple was erected in 1953 for believers in the Nagoya area and is the largest temple dedicated to Acala in the Chubu area. The temple’s principal object of worship is a figure of Acala holding a sharp sword in his right hand to cut away worldly desires. In his left hand, the statue holds a lariat to tie to the legs of those who have turned their backs on the teachings of Buddhism and drag them back to the path of righteousness. On New Year’s day, a special gomaku ceremony is held in which cedar wood is burned in offering to Acala. A variety of other events are also held at the temple. The closest station is the Meitetsu Inuyamayuen Station, a 10 minute walk away from the temple.
- Aichi Inuyama-shi Inuyama Kita Hakusan
- Northern Owari Area
- [Prayer] 7:00-15:00 (every 2 Hours)
- open everyday
- [Admission fee to worship]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Available (only specified location)
- Not available
- English Menu
- Not available (English Pamphlet Available)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Not allowed in the hall, allowed in Grounds
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Fantastic view
- This must be the main attraction of Inuyama. Zou can enjoy panoramic view from the swuare befor the temple. It offers fantstic view on the Inuyama castle and whole city. Mountains in the background...
- Up on a hill.
- This place was high up on a hill. It took a bit of trekking to get up there but it was a nice place. The temple itself is really new but the stairs up to it are surrounded by plum trees that were in...
- I loved it a lot.Going up the stairs with the nice view of the city and the river is amazing.You can even see the castle at the top and if you are a photography professional, I am sure the view of...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.