MOA Museum of Art
This is a museum built on a hill which overlooks Sagami Bay in Atami, Shizuoka Prefecture. From the main lobby with one sweep of the eye, you can see Hatsushima and Izu Oshima islands floating in the sea, and the large 180-degree panorama soothes the souls of the people who see it. It holds approximately 3,500 fine works of art with a focus on Japanese art including three National Treasures and 65 Important Cultural Properties. The museum reopened in February, 2017 after undergoing renovations. It is located five minutes by car from JR Atami Station.
- Shizuoka Pref. Atamishi Momoyamachou 26-2
- 9:30-16:30(Last entry16:00)
- Thursday (Open on public holidays), Sunday when exhibits are changed
- [Admission fee][Adult]1,600yen[Senior (certification required)]1,400yen[High school student (certification required)]1,000yen[Up to junior high school student]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB)
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- Halal certified
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Beautiful Displays
- We visited in May 2021 and thoroughly enjoyed walking around the gallery displays on a Saturday afternoon. Visitors and staff members were wearing masks and seemed to be careful about practicing...
- Nice Place Nice Food
- A place where you have to visit if you are in Atami. Not for the exhibits, but for the scenic views and the awesome food in the restaurants up there.A short bus ride with easy instructions at the...
- Thoroughly enjoyed this museum, nestled on the hillside. Reminded us of the Getty in LA!
- This museum is nestled on a hillside, in a beautiful forested setting with great views. Wonderful exhibits. Reminded us of the Getty campus in LA. Also, lovely Japanese garden and tea houses. If you...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.