Okayama Castle, Castle Tower
Castle / Ruins of Castle
Okayama Castle was constructed over a period of eight years by Ukita Hideie, one member of Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s Council of Five Elders, and was completed in 1597. It is also called “Crow Castle” for its external appearance, as the castle tower walls have black lacquered siding which was a characteristic of this era. The three-tiered, six-storied watchtower-style castle tower is a pentagon of unequal sides and is said to imitate the castle tower of Oda Nobunaga’s Azuchi Castle. The castle tower, which was a National Treasure, was lost due to wartime fires but was rebuilt in 1966.
- Okayama Pref. Okayamashi Kita-ku Marunouchi 2-3-1
- 9:00-17:30(Latest entry17:00)
[Elementary and Junior High School Students] 130yen
- Parking Lot
- Not available (Ujo Park Parking Lot 40 spaces)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- * Okayama Castle castle tower is closed from 6Monday 1Sunday in Reiwa 3 due to large-scale renovation work. Also, Okayama Castle (Ujo Park) passes from 7Monday 30 Sunday in Reiwa 3 to 11Monday in Reiwa 4 (Renewal Open Scheduled Sunday). It is prohibited.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Impossible (There is an elevator up to the 4th floor in the castle tower. Only stone steps up to the castle tower)
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- can be visited after or before the korakuen gardens.
- we accessed the castle from the south gate of the korakuen garden, across the tsukimi bridge.it was built in 1597 and destroyed in the war of 1945 and replicated in concrete in 1966.2 watch towers...
- A Truly Unique Castle
- The Okayama Castle is very unique compared to other castles throughout Japan in several ways. The most notable is the black color while other traditional castles are white. Other unique features...
- Experience Daimyo’s life
- If you have never visited any castle in Japan, it is certainly worth visiting it. You can experience a Daimyo’s life. But unfortunately the actual castle tower is a reconstruction after the World War...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Okayama
- Okayama City / Around Korakuen
- Okayama Korakuen
- Okayama Castle, Castle Tower
- Kibitsu-jinja Shrine
- Around Bizen and Ushimado
- Okonomi Teppanyaki Tama-chan
- Gomi no Ichi
- Osafune Service Area
- Takahashi / Fukiya
- Bitchu Matsuyama Castle
- Maki-do Cave
- Fukiya Furusato Village
- Hiruzen Highland / Tsuyama / Mimasaka Three Hot Springs
- Yubara Hot Spring Sunayu
- Hiruzen Kogen Center Joyful Park
- Hiruzen Bear Valley Ski Resort