Taga Taisya Shrine
A Shinto shrine located in Taga, Taga Town, Inukami County, Shiga Prefecture. The shrine is dedicated to the gods Izanagi-no-Okami and Izanami-no-Okami. Known locally as “O-Taga-san,” the shrine is believed to grant worshippers long life and luck in love. During the Kugatsu Korei-sai festival on September 9, a “Kochi Kochi” sumo competition is held which predicts whether the year’s harvests will be good or poor.
- Shiga Pref. Inukamiguntagachou Taga 604
- Koto / Hikone Area
- open everyday
- [Admission fee] Free [Okushoin Garden] 300yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (Grounds only, not inside the building)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Peaceful Place ,but not must see
- Peaceful,quiet,clean air...You can refresh your mind.Also you can buy some local foods and staffs around this shrine.Many shop are there.
- Serene ... way off the beaten track and well worth it!
- The shrine was founded in 660 A.D., and was even mentioned in the Kojiki - the oldest book in Japan. The shrine has a similar style to Ise Grand Shrine or Izumo Taisha, so the colours are very...
- Nice surprise
- Excellent historic shrine. Origins date back to the 600s. Small row of red gates behind the main building. Saw some priests doing a ritual while we were there. Nice taiko drum in the main...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.