Kiyotsu Valley Tunnel (清津峡渓谷トンネル)
This walking tunnel is in Joshinetsu Kogen National Park in Tokamachi. It opened as a tourist location in October of 1996 as a place where you can safely see Kiyotsu Gorge, one of Japan's three largest gorges. There are three viewing platforms along the 750-meter long tunnel with a panorama station at the deepest part. Here you can appreciate the country's beautiful natural gorges and columnar jointing topography designated as a National Natural Monument. No matter the season, be it the new sprouting leaves of spring, the verdant greens of summer, the crimson colors of fall, or the fresh snow of winter, lots of tourists come to enjoy the ever-changing beauty of the gorge. The tunnel is closed from mid-January to late March.
Nigata Pref. Tokamachishi Koide (Yuzawa / Uonuma / TokamachiArea)
8:30-17:00 (final entrance)
- 8:30-17:00 (final entrance)
- open everyday (*In winter, the mine may be temporarily closed depending on snow conditions)
- [Adults(High School Students and above)] 800yen
[Small/Junior High School Students]400yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Day] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Please be careful not to disturb other customers.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Found along the northwestern coast of Japan, Niigata prefecture is celebrated for its high-quality rice and breathtaking nature, most notably its spectacular mountains, whose white peaks draw in snow sports lovers from far and wide over the winter months. Hit the slopes at Yuzawa, pick out your favourite modern artist at Echigo Tsumari, or take a ferry over to Sado Island for an extra adventure.