Sesoko Island is a remote island accessible from Okinawa’s main island via the 762-meter-long Sesoko-ohashi Bridge. This natural beach stretches for about 800 meters along the island’s west coast. The contrast between the clear emerald-green sea and white sand is stunning, and the beach makes a great spot for admiring the orange tinge the sea takes on at sundown. Snorkeling is available at the swimming zone as well, allowing visitors to see brilliantly-colored tropical fish up close and personal.
- Okinawa Pref. Kunigamigunmotobuchou Sesoko
- [Late Apr.-Oct. end] 9:00-17:00
Open throughout the season (Late Apr.-Oct. end)
*May close outside of stated days due to typhoons and bad weather
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
※Parking fee Friday1,000yen/1 day
- Credit Card
Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
*Parking fee Friday only
- Available only at designated locations
- Not available
- English Menu
[Beach Counter] 0980-47-7000
[Beach Management Office] 0980-47-2368
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- One of the most beautiful beaches in Japan
- While staying at the Halekulani Resort in Okinawa, I decided to have a look at the Sesoko beach, which is about a 30 minute drive away. I had done some searching on Google Maps of the area, and the...
- closed access
- drove up here on the 19th January to find the area locked up and gate closed, the signage was in Japanese but from what I aw there was huge construction so I presume the beach is closed
- be quick
- There certainly is no shortage of fantastic beaches on Okinawa but this one has been simply wonderful! But be quick! When I visited in early April 2019 there has been lots of building and...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.