A Shinto shrine located on a hill in the center of Otaru City with a sweeping view of downtown Otaru and Otaru Port. On the grounds, visitors can find a monument inscribed with a poem by Takuboku Ishikawa. Also a renowned cherry blossom viewing destination, in spring the shrine bustles with visitors. The main shrine and front shrine buildings have been designated Historic Structures by Otaru City.
- Hokkaido Otaru-shi Aioicho 3-1 Map
- Otaru Area
- open everyday
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Cherry Blossom 2018
- Climbed up the mountain to Suitengu for Cherry Blossom. Still beautiful as before, enjoy nice sea view and peacefulness there.
- Beautiful view of Otaru
- We hiked up the hundred or so steps to the top. A great view of the city below. The climb was worth the effort.
- Beautiful view of Otaru seaside
- We climbed up the very steep, snowy hill from the Kitaichi glass shop. The view of the city was pretty and a serene scene with snow all around. We descended out from the main entrance of the temple...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.