Ghibli Museum, Mitaka
This is an animation art museum managed by Studio Ghibli's Hayao Miyazaki with a motto of “Let's get lost together.” In addition to displaying materials and storyboards of past Ghibli works, the museum always features various sections that will expand one's perception of animation such as the replicated animation studio and the screenings of short animated films made just for the museum. With a nostalgic building and a route that blends in greenery, this is a place that both adults and children can enjoy just as they please. Entry to the museum is only by reservation and the closest station is Mitaka Station.
- Tokyo Mitakashi Shimorenjaku 1-1-83 Metropolitan Inokashira Park In Saiten
- Eastern Tama Area
- 10:00-17:30 (Admission Hours 10:00/11:00/12:00/13:00/14:00/15:00) * Reservation required at Sunday
- [Admission fee] [Adults/University students] 1,000yen [Middle High school students] 700yen [Elementary school students] 400yen [Toddlers (4 years old and over)] 100yen [Under 4 years old] Free
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DinersClub)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of July 20, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Temporary suspension of operations:For the time being, it is closed (according to 2020/7/20)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Step into my childhood
- They wouldn’t let me mark earlier, but I actually went in fall of 2017. No photography allowed, which almost made the experience more special. There’s Ghibli themed food, and inside looks into the...
- Phenomenal place
- Bought tickets online and transport there was extremely easy. Their lining up system was relaxed and organised too. This is really money well spent for both adults and children! I would revisit again...
- So pretty
- Cat bus was awesome for my child There was a short movie All rooms were so pretty Cafe was too busy & outside of the museum have only few cafes
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.