Yunohira Observation Point
Observatory / Outlook
A viewing site called the closest to the caldera located at the fourth station on Sakurajima 373 meters above sea level. Depending on the activity of the volcano, visitors can see smoke billowing out, as well as the Taisho Lava Field spreading out before their eyes. The observation point is the highest point on Sakurajima which general visitors may enter and can be traveled to by car. The viewing area is open any time and is a popular spot to visit at night when a great panorama of Kagoshima’s nightscape is visible. Approximately 15 minutes by car from Sakurajima Port.
- Kagoshima Pref. Kagoshimashi Sakurajimakoikechou 1025 Map
- Sakurajima Area
- [Shop] 9:00-17:00
- open everyday
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Install an ashtray outside
- Tel to Tourism Exchange Center
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Must go to see volcano and city
- A must experience when here . The view is spectacular and not only is the volcano site awesome it’s blowing smoke continuously. And the city view is also amazing. Easy access and not typically...
- Very Windy and cold place to observe Sakurajima
- I was there in early December while the weather was cloudy. The lookout was very windy and cold in the obserrvation deck but the view was superb in view of its location.
- There is nothing much to do at this lookout point. The impressive views of the volcano is away from it not so up close especially since this lookout point is nearer to the crater that is non active.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.