D.T. Suzuki Museum
The D.T. Suzuki Museum in Kanazawa was opened as a place for people to learn about D.T. Suzuki, a renowned Buddhist scholar who was born in Kanazawa, and also as a place for self-reflection. The Museum consists of three halls (the Vestibule, Exhibition Space and Contemplative Space, which are linked by corridors) and three gardens (the Vestibule Garden, Water Mirror Garden, and Roji Garden). The scene of the Contemplative Space building reflected in the shallow pool of water in the Water Mirror Garden is highly photogenic, and has appeared in many different media.
- Ishikawa Pref. Kanazawashi Hondamachi 3-4-20
- 9:30-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (closed on the next weekday if it falls on a public holiday), New Year's holiday, may be closed for maintenance of exhibition materials
- [Admission fee]General310yen, 65 and over210yen, Free for high school students and younger
- Parking Lot
- Not available (only 2 spaces for handicapped)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- English Menu
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Wonderful little museum
- This is a small but very elegant museum dedicated to the life and work of Daisetsu Teitaro Suzuki. He introduced Zen Buddhism to the west. It is not a big museum and you can not see much.But...
- My ryokan host said this was his favourite museum. It’s a lively contemplative place where you can also sit and read special books. I loved its water pool. Very good English interpretations. Best...
- Incredible mirror pond
- A unique mirror pond. Words cannot describe the experience. You must go for it yourself. Much more to admire about the architecture of the buildings in the museum. People come here to contemplate and...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.