Park / Green Space
Moerenuma Park is a comprehensive park in northeast Sapporo for which globally renowned sculptor Isamu Noguchi created the basic design. Based on the concept of “the whole being a single sculpture,” it was recommended to build on a site where 2.7 million tons of waste had been put in landfill, and the park opened in 2005. Hills with geometric forms, fountains, and play equipment have been arranged in a vast site equivalent to 40 Tokyo Domes, allowing a landscape that fuses art and nature to be enjoyed. Another attraction is that seasonal pastimes can be enjoyed with cherry blossoms in the spring, water activities in the summer, autumn leaves in the fall, and cross country skiing in the winter.
- Sapporo, Hokkaido, Higashi-ku, Moerenuma Park 1-1
- Sapporo Suburbs Area
- 7:00-22:00(Last entry21:00)
- open everyday(Days closed depends on facility)
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
※100spaces in winter
- Credit Card
Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club, etc.)
*Available only at the glass pyramid shop
- Available (indoor facilities Not available)
Available (Sapporo City Wi-Fi
*Glass Pyramid Shop only)
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (no indoor facilities)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- A lot to experience
- Visited with familyPros:1) This park can be reached via train and bus. Ensure to read and understand the directions carefully because it can be confusing.2) Best to visit with a full stomach and...
- Beautiful Landscape during Winter
- The park can be reached by riding a train from Sapporo Station and a bus. Travel time is less than an hour. The park is filled with man made features like Mount Moere a 62 meters tall and offers...
- Very niceh art and leasure park near Sapporo
- The spacious park includes art installents, hilld, many walking and cycling trails and and much more. Cycling is the best option. It offers great views of the city if you climb to the top of the...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.