Shotaro Ishinomori Memorial Museum (石ノ森章太郎ふるさと記念館)
This memorial hall honors the achievements of Mr. Shotaro Ishinomori, a manga artist from Ishinomori Town, Tome County. His characters await visitors at the entrance and reception area, and in addition to his many works in the permanent exhibition area, there are figurines and a reproduction of his room in Tokiwaso where he lived in his younger days. They hold special exhibitions of manga and anime from various genres three or four times a year. The house where he spent his boyhood is just beside the museum, so you can visit them both together.
Miyagi Pref. Tomeshi Nakadachouishinomori Town 132 (Naruko / Osaki / TomeArea)
Review of Shotaro Ishinomori Memorial MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Miyagi Pref. Tomeshi Nakadachouishinomori Town 132 [map]
- 9:30-17:00(Last entry16:00)
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), 12/29-1/3
- [Normal admission fee] General (university students and above) 500yen, junior high and high school students 300yen, Elementary school students100yen [Admission fee at special exhibition] General (university students and above) 700yen, junior high and high school students 500yen, Elementary school students 200yen
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 25, 2020 (Information as of May 21, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Lying along the northeastern coast of Japan, Miyagi prefecture is home to lashings of natural parks, oysters, and hot springs. While the bustling city of Sendai offers some simple city entertainment, it's the Matsushima islands that deserve the most attention, having boosted the prefecture's reputation as one of Japan's most scenic views.