This ropeway connects Sanroku Station of Futtsu City’s Kanaya with Sancho Station on top of Mt. Nokogiri. It is a four-minute ride, with 15-minute waits between cars, and it operates year-round (though it is closed for inspection for a part of January every year.) You can enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the area around Mt. Nokogiri from the car. Also, Mt. Nokogiri was selected as one of “Kanto’s Top 100 Fuji Views.” If you make use of the early morning service on New Year’s Day, you can enjoy a great view of the “Red Fuji” sunrise.
- Chiba Pref. Futtsushi Kanaya 4052-1 Map
- Kazusa / Rinkai Area
[Normal (2/16-11/15)] 9:00-17:00
[Winter (11/16-2/15)] 9:00-16:00
open everyday (closed due to regular inspection in Mid-Jan.)
*Closed during bad weather
[Fare (One way)] Adults (12 years old and over) 500yen, Children (Over 6) 250yen
[Fare (round trip)] Adults (12 years old and over) 950yen, Children (Over 6) 450yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, Others)
- *Scheduled for fare change in 2022
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Possible (less than 10 kg one way 100yen)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Quick access to the hill top
- With 500 yen it saves you from puffing up the hill. Nice views on the ropeway car. Once you get off at the hill top, head to the observatory above the station for a small souvenir counter and a small...
- Great way to get up the mountain
- There is no shame using the ropeway either up, down or both, as you will be doing TONS of walking and stairs at the top. The line can look quite long, but in my experience, it moved pretty fast. You...
- Nice Ride to Nokogiriyama
- It is a nice, scenic, and maybe crowded ride to see the Daibatsu in Nokogiriyama. A short walk from the ferry. A bit pricey, but so is everything else in Japan.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.