Aqua World-Ibaraki Prefectural Oarai Aquarium (アクアワールド茨城県大洗水族館)
This aquarium is located along the coast of Oarai Town, Higashiibaraki County, Ibaraki Prefecture, and is among the largest in the country. Sea mammals and oceanic/freshwater fish from around the world and Oarai Sea are kept here. Exhibits are divided into nine zones, like “The Encounter Sea” and “Seas of the World.” You can watch a variety of living creatures, like popular penguins and sunfish, or see the impressive shark tank. The dolphin and sea lion shows are particularly lively and popular.
Ibaraki Pref. Higashibarakigunoaraimachi Isohamachou 8252-3 (Mito / Oarai / HitachinakaArea)
- Ibaraki Pref. Higashibarakigunoaraimachi Isohamachou 8252-3 [map]
- 9:00-16:00(Latest entry15:00)
- 6/Dec. has Temporary Days closed
※ Please inquire
- [Admission fee]
[Small/Junior High School Students] 900yen
[Child (3 years old and over)] 300yen
[Under 3] Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DinersClub, UnionPay)
* Admission ticket ticketing counter/shop available Available
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 12, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Just a stone’s throw from Tokyo, Ibaraki is a coastal prefecture that has mastered juxtapositions, where old shrines meet new scientific discoveries and traditional gardens are frequented by the inventors of some of the newest technology. Head to Mito City's Kairakuen - one of Japan's Three Great Gardens - in spring to experience the cellestial blooming of fantastic cherry blossoms at the annual sakura festival.