Museum of Ehime History and Culture
Museum / Science Museum
This museum introduces and exhibits items related to the history and folklore of Ehime Prefecture. The expansive structure houses four historic and folklore exhibit rooms, and workshop classrooms. In addition to the displayed objects, on display are many scale-model replicas of iconic structures such as pit dugout dwellings, a town house during the Sengoku Age of Civil Wars, and a pre-war village main street, each depicting respective periods, affording one a sense of being transported back in time.
- Ehime Pref. Seiyoshi Uwachounomachi 4-11-2
- 9:00-17:30 (Last entry until 17:00)
- Monday (The next day if it falls on Public holidays and substitute public holidays) * However, 1st Monday is open and the next Tuesday is closed.
- [Permanent exhibition Admission fee] [High school students and above] 540yen [65 and over] 280yen [Elementary and junior high school students] Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (Ehime Free Wi-Fi)
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 11, 2020 (Information as of May 11, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Not possible (guide dogs and service dogs are allowed)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Great museum in idyllic setting
- It’s strange to find such a fine museum on Ehime’s history and culture in a small city like Seiyo rather than Matsuyama city. But it’s in an idyllic setting on top of a mountain. Entry is 510 yen per...
- A Great Museum Well Worth Your Time
- The museum is out of the way, about 1.5 hour from Matsuyama. However, the drive was scenic, we deliberately avoided using the tolled IC to see the country side. It is a huge museum and it was...
- Highly recommended
- Walking through the large collection listening to all 53 audioguide messages took around 1 hour and 20 minutes and I learned a lot. The objects are very nice and there is plenty of Japanese labeling...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.