Ehime Prefectual Museum of Art
The art museum was opened in 1998 in Horinouchi, Matsuyama City, Ehime Prefecture based on the themes of see, create, and learn. The museum is home to a collection of about 11,900 art works including the collection of the former Ehime Prefectural Art Museum, works of art from local artists and well known contemporary Japanese artists, as well as pieces of work from international artists such as Monet and Cézanne. The museum’s permanent collection changes about five to six times each year. Their temporary exhibitions on various themes are also very popular. There is also a restaurant where visitors can enjoy a meal or cup of tea with views of Matsuyama Castle.
- Ehime Pref. Matsuyamashi Horinouchi Map
- Matsuyama Area
- 9:40-18:00(Last entry17:30)
- Monday (Public holidays, The next day for 1st Monday), New Year's holiday (12/29-1/3)
[Collection Exhibition Admission fee] General 330yen, High school and university students 260yen
※A special Friday fee is required for special exhibitions.
- Parking Lot
※You can use the prefectural office west parking lot for up to 2 hours.
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (Ehime Free Wi-Fi)
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 11, 2020 (Information as of May 11, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Surprisingly nice museum
- Because it was raining I decided to visit this museum. It is a beautiful and modern building close to a park and to the castle. The main collection was not available that day, but there were two very...
- Gorgeous museum, difficult for non-Japanese speaking tourists.
- The museum itself is very beautiful. Architecture wise I could recommend anyone to go here. You will find beautiful views from the main hall over the mountain where Matsuyama Castle is. The main...
- A local art museum - some interesting work, but not much to see
- We didnt really get the theme of the permanent exhibition. It seemed to be haphazerdly curated. Interestingly enough a Monet and a Courbet were part of the exhibition. At the moment there is also a...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.