Tenpyoan (Todai-ji Temple Branch)
This is a Japanese confectionary store in the Yume-Kaze Plaza in front of the gate of the Todai-ji Temple in Kasugano Town, Nara City. The store makes sweets from locally grown ingredients such as Japanese Yamato-imo yam and Yoshino-kuzu arrowroot. A popular item is the Japanese hotcake sweet bean paste sandwich called Yamato sanzan dorayaki. They are made freshly daily with red beans, and flour and eggs from a Tokachi farm. There is also a cafe on the second floor where customers can enjoy sweets and Miwa Somen noodles.
- Nara Pref. Narashi Kasuganochou 16 Todaiji Temple Yumeikaze Hiroba
- Nara Park Area
- [Sales] 10:00-18:00 [Coffee] 11:00-17:00 (LO16:30)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not possible (sales space is possible)
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- I was looking for something sweet on my way out from Nara Park, and this shop looked really nice!I bought a small strawberry daifuku and a matcha cake with white chocolate cream filling.Let me tell...
- Really tasty speciality rice bowl
- Not a lot of people in the reviews have mentioned that upstairs (above the sweet shop) there is a restaurant that services traditional speciality rice bowls where it cooks infront of you. Its a...
- Tasty sweet treats
- Oke we actually find this place accidentally. We need something light and we stop to this place for some yokan amd delicious dango and dorayaki.all of them are so tasty.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.