Fisherman’s Wharf Shirahama
Complex Facility / Commercial Facility
This leisure and resort area in Shirahama Town, Nishimuro County of Wakayama Prefecture has a fresh seafood market operated by local fishers, a restaurant, and a diving base. Visitors enjoy eating the freshly caught fish and shellfish, displayed on the stalls, right there on the spot. One can enjoy Japanese food, Italian, or seafood barbecue from the four restaurant shops on the wharf. Divers can choose from various course levels; from a easy diving encounter, up to boat diving for more experienced divers. Even beginners can safely try diving here at the Nanki Shirahama waters.
- Wakayama Pref. Nishimurogunshirahamachou 1667-22
- Shirahama Area
- [Seafood Market/Farm Market] 10:00-18:30
- [Seafood Market/Fresh Market] open everyday
- Parking Lot
*Free for 1 hour.
*Customers who eat or shop at Fisherman's Wharf will receive a free parking service ticket for 1 hour.
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Available (Only terrace seats outside the market cafeteria on the 1st floor. Pets are not allowed inside the store.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Small market, decent seafood don
- This spot is next to the beach and relatively easy to find. It serves good seafood dons. So if you are around, it is a good lunch spot. Seafood was fresh and reasonable price.
- Terrible Services
- It was terrible services and bad cuisine. I tried to have “ Tai Cha Zuke” But it was different from typical Japanese food, but they didn’t explain kindly and we really felt bad. The waitress’ manner...
- Fantastic dinner with a beautiful sunset view
- As others have said there arent to many restaurants in Shirahama, but this one was recommended in our travel book so we decided to check it out! We went for dinner and I had a gigantic sushi set...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Wakayama
- Wakayama City Suburbs
- Wakayama Marina City
- Wakayama Castle
- Aeon Mall Wakayama
- Mt. Koya / Ryujin Onsen / Kudoyama
- JA Kinosato Farmers Market Mekkemon Square
- Okunoin Temple
- Koyasan Reihokan Museum
- Kainan / Arita / Minabe / Tanabe
- Kumano Hongu Taisha shrine
- Shirasaki Kaiyokoen
- Ryujin Onsen Motoyu
- Kushimoto / Koza / Susami
- Cape Shionomisaki
- Hashikuiiwa Rocks
- Kushimoto Marine Park
- Nachikatsuura / Taiji / Shingu
- Kumano Nachi Taisha Shrine
- Nachi Waterfall (Hiro Jinja Shrine)
- Kumano Hayatama Taisha Shrine