Pearl Road Toba Observatory
Observatory / Outlook
An observatory located midway along the Pearl Road following the coastline. Located on top of 162 meter tall Mt. Hakoda, visitors can enjoy an impressive panorama encompassing the Chita Peninsula and Cape Daio. On clear days Mt. Fuji is also visible. The observatory also has a café and restaurant selected as offering one of the 30 best views in all Japan. There’s also a shop selling local specialty products and a light meal corner where visitors can enjoy popular Ouchiyama soft serve ice cream.
- Mie Pref. Tobashi Kuzakichou Otake 3-3
- Toba Area
- 9:00-17:00 * Depends on the season
- [Other than busy Mondays (1/5/Aug.)] Wednesdays (in the case of public holidays, transfer)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Available(toba tenboudai wi-fi)
- English Menu
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- A classy spot to stop
- When we told the staff at our hotel that we were going to be driving along the Pearl Road, they mentioned stopping here. Im glad they did as otherwise, since its a bit of a turnoff from the main...
- Breath taking view
- A place can oversee the Pacific Ocean. The sky and ocean are in one colour. No plan to be there but find the view so great while driving.
- Relaxing Place!
- We’ve been there for a road trip and at the same time for our advance wedding anniversary date. The place is so nice, they have a restaurant which you can view the bluish sea. The area is clean and...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.