OITA ART MUSEUM
This art museum is surrounded by the lush nature of Uenogaoka Kodomo-no-Mori Park. Inside are permanent exhibits of Japanese paintings by artists including Heihachiro Fukuda and Tatsuo Takayama, and early modern Chinese-style paintings of Tanomura Chikuden, works of the Bungo Southern School of Chinese paintings, and other paintings and works relating to Oita City. Events are held throughout the year from exhibition to hands-on-learning. The museum’s restaurant also commands great views of the town.
- Oita Pref. Oitashi Ueno 865
- Oita City Area
- 10:00-18:00 (admission until 17:30)
- Monday (The next day in the case of Public holidays Closed) * 1st Monday is open and Tuesday of The next day is closed (however, Tuesday during the special exhibition period is open) New Year's holiday (12/28-1/4)
- [Collection Exhibition Admission fee] General310yen, High school students University students 210yen, Junior high school students The following is Free [Special Exhibition Admission fee] Different for each special exhibition
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Great Exhibits for a City Art Museum
- I had modest expectations coming here since this is a city museum for a city that is not on the main tourist paths.However, the exhibits were fantastic. Great collections on display. If I travel to...
- Worth a stop
- Very nice exhibition and the staff is very helpful.Not far from the main station, so make sure you check it if you are around
- Lovely city museum
- First time to visit this museum after several trips and I enjoyed seeing the varied and interesting exhibits. The view from the museum is also a treat. I recommend this museum to foreign visitors.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.