Nagashima Art Museum
An art museum opened as part of Kagoshima City 100th anniversary celebrations in 1989. Visitors are greeted by Rodin’s “The Thinker” at the main entrance. The museum displays some 1,000 pieces, including paintings and sculptures, by international artists like Rodin and Chagall, as well as Satsuma ware. The museum also holds special exhibitions in a dedicated space one to two times a year. After checking out the museum, visitors can enjoy a casual light meal or cup of tea in the museum’s café, which boasts a sweeping view of Sakurajima and Kagoshima City.
- Kagoshima Pref. Kagoshimashi Take 3-42-18
- Kagoshima Area
- 9:00-17:00 (admission until 16:30)
Tuesday(The next week day if it falls on a public holiday)
*Exhibition period may be open everyday
- [Admission fee] [General] 1,000yen [High school students/university students] 800yen [Small/Junior high school students] 400yen [Sinia (65 and over)] 500yen [Group Admission fee (20 people and above)] [General] 800yen [High school students/university students] 640yen [small/Junior high school students] 320yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Available (Smoking space available outside)
- Available(FREE SPOT)
- English Menu
- Available (Pamphlet)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (Only stairs to the cafe on the 2nd floor)
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Beautiful museum and grounds
- We visited this museum on our last day in Kagoshima. The most memorable museum was the Chiran Peace museum but this came a close second for different reasons. The museum was established 20 years ago...
- Top 3 best museum in Kagoshima
- I went with my husband and 1 year old daughter and we walked there, that probably took 30 minutes. Then returning we caught a taxi from the museum to the West side of Kagoshima Chuo Station (which...
- Worth a look for the scenery outside the museum.
- I shared similar experience as previous poster, I showed at around 2, was the only person there my entire visit. It was a different experience, very peaceful and quiet. The immediate surrounding of...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.