Echigo-Tsumari Satoyama Museum of Contemporary Art, KINARE
This museum was founded to promote the region around Tokamachi. It's the main venue for the Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennale, an intentional art festival held once every three years in Echigo-Tsumari. The building itself was designed by Hiroshi Hara, one of Japan's leading architects. The cubic building has a pond set in its square atrium. During periods other than the art festival, it has a permanent exhibition with various artwork on display. There is also a museum shop and a cafe restaurant fashioned on a Spanish Bar.
- Nigata Pref. Tokamachishi Honchou 6-71-2
- Yuzawa / Uonuma Area
[Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennale (4/29-11/13)] 10:00-18:00
- Tuesday, Wednesday, New Year's holiday
[Admission fee]General1,000yen, Elementary and junior high school students500yen
*Subject to change during special exhibitions and art festivals
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, UnionPay)
- Not available
- Not available
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Bit expensive
- Echigo Tsumari Satoyama Museum of Contemporary Art, Kinare is the main permanent art exhibit in the area and probably would have been the best place to begin as there were some information...
- Great Exhibition - 很棒的展覽場
- We enjoyed a lot here. The building is beautiful with great center water pool. The “buildings” in all forms showed a lot possibilities. Outside groundhog interview on-air with plants is another...
- Echigo Tsumari Triennale Art Festival
- The Art Festival has a wide collection of works from Japanese and international artists spreading extensively over several museums and outdoor location.It is easier to drive around and there is an...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Niigata
- Murakami / Shibata
- Tsukioka Onsen
- Sennenzake Kikkawa
- Shibata Castle