Fukuoka Asian Art Museum
This is the only art museum in the world dedicated to modern and contemporary art from Asia. The museum engages in initiatives befitting the city of Fukuoka, which has long served as a point of exchange in Asia, such as workshops hosted by artists invited from throughout Asia. Events and exhibitions are held as the occasion demands; accordingly, visitors are encouraged to check the museum’s website for current information.
- Fukuoka Pref. Fukuokashihakataku Shimokawabatamachi 3-1 Riverain Center Building 7F/8F
- Nakasu / Tenjin Area
9:30-19:30 (FridaySaturday 9:30-20:00)
[Gallery Viewing Hours] 9:30-18:00 (FridaySaturday 9:30-20:00)
*Last entry 30 minutes before closing to
- Wednesday (The next day if Closed), New Year's holiday
[Admission fee] Free
[Asia Gallery Admission fee] General 200yen, High school student 150yen, Junior high school students and under Free
※Special exhibition admission fee is separate
- Parking Lot
※Fee parking available in the basement of the building
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Available(Fukuoka City Wi-Fi)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
- Available (all captions of exhibits are written in English)
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 7, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (with rental)
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- small but elegant art museum
- well this is a relatively small art museum but the space is good for modern art exhibition, i think the best part is that if you have children you can bring them here, there is a corner with lots of...
- Interesting Asian Art Collection
- The collection is small, and mostly focused on Asian art from the 1800’s to present. There isn’t much in the collection that is native to Japan, mostly other Asian countries.
- Interesting museum
- As others have said this is an unusual topic for a museum and it is interesting. There are some thought provoking exhibits and helpful English descriptions. In some ways it felt quite broad, and as...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.