Tanigawadake Ropeway (谷川岳ロープウェイ)
This ropeway spanning Tanigawadake at the border of Gunma Prefecture and Niigata Prefecture connects the 746-meter altitude Doaiguchi Station with the Tenjindaira Station located at an altitude of 1,319 meters. There is also an observatory, and visitors can use a lift to reach Tenjin Toge Pass which is the start of a hiking route. The trekking course from Tenjin Toge follows the mountain ridge and takes about two and a half hours, and is a veritable treasure house for plants such as Hosobahinayukiso (a kind of Leontopodium Fairriei). The large 360-degree panoramic view from the top of the mountain affords spectacular vistas of the surrounding mountains, and is a very popular hiking course that is suitable even beginners.
Gunma prefecture Tone-gun Minakami-machi Yuzonso Yu Fukayama National Forest Tanigawa-dake ropeway (Minakami / Tsukiyono / SarugakyoArea)
[Apr.-Nov.] Weekday8:00-17:00/SaturdaySundayPublic holiday7:00-17:00
Review of Tanigawadake RopewayTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Make sure to get up to the peak!
Hiking up should be interesting and good experience.
- Gunma prefecture Tone-gun Minakami-machi Yuzonso Yu Fukayama National Forest Tanigawa-dake ropeway [map]
- [Apr.-Nov.] Weekday8:00-17:00/SaturdaySundayPublic holiday7:00-17:00
- open everyday (may be closed due to bad weather or regular inspection)
- [Rope fee Friday] Round trip Adults2,100yen, Children (Elementary school age students and under) 1,050yen
[Sightseeing lift] Round trip Adults/Children730yen
- Parking Lot
- Available 700spaces
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of April 30, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 3,001-5,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (no restaurant)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Gunma prefecture is synonymous with onsen. Natural hot spring water sources throughout the prefecture have given rise to a series of small onsen towns, each set among luscious mountains. At Kusatsu, Ikaho, and Minakami, traditional indoor and outdoor bathing experiences are served hand in hand with irresistible onsen-themed food, including steam-cooked eggs and custard pudding.