Gasshozukuri Minkaen Outdoor Museum
Museum / Science Museum
Gasshozukuri Minkaen Outdoor Museum is an open-air museum that was created by relocating traditional Gasshozukuri-style farmhouses that were no longer in use as residences from Shirakawa Village, Gifu Prefecture. There are a total of 26 Gasshozukuri farmhouses, of which nine have been designated by Gifu Prefecture as Important Cultural Properties; the Museum brings alive the lifestyle of days gone by. Within the Museum grounds there is a restaurant selling hand-made Soba noodles, and a shop selling confectionery, making the Museum a great place for a relaxing stroll. Between mid-April and the end of October the Museum holds a range of special experiential activities, where visitors can try their hand at making Warazori (traditional straw sandals), making Soba noodles, etc. (please note that advance booking is required for these activities).
- Gifu Pref. Onogunshirakawamura Ogimachi 2499
- Hida Area
- [Mar.-Nov.] 8:40-17:00 [Dec.-Feb.] 9:00-16:00 * Information desk closed 20 minutes before the end of the performance
- [Apr.-Nov.] open everyday [Dec.-Mar.] Thursday (In the case of Public holidays, the previous Sunday is closed)
- [Admission fee] [Adult] 600yen [Small-High school students] 400yen * Pre-schoolers Children are free
- Parking Lot
- Not available * Please use the village-run Seseragi Park parking lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (Shirakawa-go free-Wi-Fi/Available only at the shop in the park)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Yes (with an outdoor umbrella)
- Average budget
- [Day] 1-1,000yen [Night] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes (Approximate time required for the tour:Approximately 30 minutes)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Possible (However, since the roadbed is unpaved and contains cultural properties, measures against barrier-free in the house have not been constructed)
- Infant friendly
- Yes (However, there are places where it is difficult for baby strollers to pass because the roadbed is unpaved/There is no diaper changing place, nursing space, etc.)
- Pet friendly
- Yes (reading required, if you hold it, you can tour the inside of the house)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Visited during the Illumination Night
- Visited Shirakawa-go during the wintee illumination night last Jan 26. Unfortunately, there was no snow. Lots of tourists during that time. The place was still nice, but I think it will be more...
- Open Air Museum with Entrance of 600 yen per person
- We came to Shirakawa-Go on January 4 but there was little snow. We came as part of a Day Tour with Yokoso Japan and was given 2 hours of free time. During our time there, we did go into the Open...
- Not to be missed, only regret is that we did not stay back there for the night. We did a day trip by Nohi bus on our way from Kanazawa to Takayama. We took the first bus out from Kanazawa, deposited...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.