Garyu Sanso (Mountain Villa)
This is a mountain villa of 9,930 square meters which commands a view of the picturesque landscape around the Hiji River, the “Garyu depths”, the villa was designated as an Important Cultural Property of Japan in 2016. This is the villa which the wealthy merchant, Kouchi Torajiro constructed during the Meiji period to spend his final years; the Sukiya-zukuri style (Japanese traditional architectural style) of the building and the traditional Japanese landscape garden are wonderful. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery at your ease with green tea at “Furoan”. This site gained one star from “Michelin Green Guide Japan” in 2011, attracting attention.
- Ehime Pref. Ozushi Ozu 411-2
- 9:00-17:00 (Last entry at 16:30)
- open everyday
- [Admission fee] Adults 550yen, Children (Junior high school students and below) 220yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 19, 2020 (Information as of June 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Hidden Japanese home and garden gem
- Loved the quietness and history of this old Japanese home and garden. Lovely walk around the house and garden. Staff were very helpful with imparting their knowledge and keen to answer questions.
- Unassuming Cottage/Gardens leaves the memory of Ozu!
- Initially planned to take in Garyu Sanso as the supporting act to the main feature of visiting Ozu, i.e.:Ozu Castle. As much as I enjoyed the truly excellent Castle, it was the unassuming...
- Absolute transquility
- A small world ofabsolute tranquility! One can see how people tried to leave wordly vanity and stay in the privacy of their mind. Beautiful garden, full of obscure meaning. Professional and passionate...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.