Gunma Prefectural Museum of History群馬県立歴史博物館
This museum is located in Gunma Prefecture, approximately five minutes' walk from Gunma no mori bus stop, accessible by the City loop bus from the JR Takasaki Station. It contains a range of artifacts for visitors to learn about, from those excavated from the Paleolithic archaeological site of Iwajuku and Watanuki Kannonyama ancient tomb to modern pieces such as those from the Tomioka Silk Mill and industrial items from Subaru (automotive manufacturer). In addition to the permanent exhibitions, there are also themed displays. Lectures are also held on subjects such as Gunma's ancient tombs and people of the Sengoku Period, in addition to workshops on the creation of Magatama and accessories with the theme of Jomo Karuta.
Gunma Pref. Takasakishi Watanukimachi 992-1 Gunma Forest Park (Maebashi / TakasakiArea)
Review of Gunma Prefectural Museum of HistoryTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Gunma Pref. Takasakishi Watanukimachi 992-1 Gunma Forest Park [ map ]
- 9:30-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- Monday (The next day for public holidays), exhibition replacement periods, New Year's Holiday
- [Admission fee to view]Adults300yen, University/High School Students150yen (planned exhibitions are not included), Junior High School Students and below Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 11, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Gunma prefecture is synonymous with onsen. Natural hot spring water sources throughout the prefecture have given rise to a series of small onsen towns, each set among luscious mountains. At Kusatsu, Ikaho, and Minakami, traditional indoor and outdoor bathing experiences are served hand in hand with irresistible onsen-themed food, including steam-cooked eggs and custard pudding.