Kita-Kamakura Yoh Shomei Art Museum (北鎌倉 葉祥明美術館)
An art museum dedicated to collecting watercolors and oil paintings by Kumamoto Prefecture native and artist Yoh Shomei. The museum is located along the route from Kita-Kamakura Station to the Meigetsu-in Temple. Built based on the concept of an old Western-style house which was once the home to a painter and poet father, a gentle mother, a 10 year old daughter, and a five year old son, the museum looks as if it came from the pages of a storybook.
Kanagawa Pref. Kamakurashi Yamanouchi 318-4 (Shonan / KamakuraArea)
Review of Yo Shomei Art MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Kanagawa Pref. Kamakurashi Yamanouchi 318-4 [map]
- open everyday
- [Admission fee]
[Elementary and Junior High School Students] 300yen
[Group (15 people and above)]
[Adult] 100yen discount
[Children] 50yen discount
* Group visits , Please contact us in advance.
* If you have a disability certificate, you will be admitted free, and your companion will be discounted by 100yen. At that time, please show your disability certificate.
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX)
- Not available
- Not available
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 22, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kanagawa prefecture acts as an extension of the Tokyo metropolis that spills over into coastal towns, most notably Yokohama city, heavily populated and known for its Chinatown and seaside attractions. Just the right distance for a day trip out of Tokyo, Kanagawa is home to some of Tokyo’s most accessible beaches, including around Kamakura, best known for its Big Buddha. Visitors can also travel a little farther afield for a weekend at Hakone onsen town.