Heiwa-dori Street opened during war reconstruction in 1951. About a kilometer of nearly 130 Yoshino cherry trees are planted along it from Hitachi Station to National Route 6, making it popular for cherry blossom viewing. At full bloom the whole street becomes a tunnel of flowers, and its beauty has made it recognized as one of Japan’s Top 100 Cherry Blossom Spots. During the flowering season there are events like the Hitachi Cherry Festival when the blossoms are lit up in the evening. The beauty of the cherry blossoms illuminated by the soft glow of paper lanterns is worth seeing.
- Ibaraki Pref. Hitachishi Heiwachou / Kotomachi/Bentencho/Kashima cho Other
- Flowering state of cherry blossoms
- the end
- Cherry blossom forecast
Late Mar.-Early Apr.
[Hitachi Cherry Blossom Festival] April 1 (Sun)-April 15
- Open 24 hours
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
- Available (Charge Available Coin Parking Available)
- Night viewing
- Available (Sunday, April 1 (Sun)-April 15 (Sun) 18:00-23:00
- Public toilets
- Number of trees
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.