Shiranoe Botanical Garden (白野江植物公園)
This botanical garden is located within the Moji Ward of Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka Prefecture, spread through the fertile natural hills overlooking the Suonada bay. In addition to the great view from the square, the water lilies of “Suisei-en”, the nice autumn leaves of “Komorebi-no-michi”, and a sweets café, this garden is famous for the 800 cherry blossom trees that bloom in spring. You can enjoy cherry blossom viewing from mid-February to late April, as the nearly 60 varieties of cherry bloom in succession, including the Kawazu-zakura, Yoshino, Gyoiko, and Oshima-zakura cherries. The park is open from 9:00 to 17:00 (last entry by 16:30). The admission fee is 200 yen for adults and 100 yen for elementary and junior high school students. Open every day during sakura season. Toilets and paid parking available.
Fukuoka Pref. Kitakyushushimojiku Shiranoe 2 (Kita-Kyushu / Kokura / MojiArea)
- Fukuoka Pref. Kitakyushushimojiku Shiranoe 2 [map]
- Flowering state of cherry blossoms
- the end
- Cherry blossom forecast
- Late Feb.-Late Apr.
- Tuesday, New Year's Holiday (Feb.-June/Sep.-Nov. Is open everyday)
- Adults ¥ 200/child ¥ 100
- Parking Lot
- Available 84spaces (Cars 300 yarn/Times, Medium/Large-sized vehicles 1.000 yarn/Times)
- Night viewing
- Not available
- Public toilets
- Number of trees
- About 60 variety such as Kawazuzakura, Kanhizakura, Someiyoshino, Gyoiko, Oshimazakura
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
The most northerly of Kyushu island's prefectures, Fukuoka comprises castle towns, seaside parks, and Hakata ramen, one of Japan's most famous noodle dishes. Whether due to its good location or its unique charm, the prefecture's capital, Fukuoka city, has been voted one of the most desirable places to live in the country - a close-knit community, a thriving food scene, and accessible nature combine for irresistibly laid-back city vibes.