Naruko Gorge (鳴子峡)
A 2.6 kilometer long gorge located in the Nakayamadaira Onsen in the Naruko hot spring village in northwest Miyagi Prefecture. The gorge is known for its beautiful cliffs and curious rock formations. From mid-October, this 100 meter deep ravine is colored crimson and gold by Japanese beech and maple trees. The view from the observatory on Nakayamadaira is stunning. There are walking paths along the gorge, and visitors can stroll while taking in the beautiful, vividly colored scenery.
Miyagi Pref. Osakishi Narukonsen Hoshinuma 13-5 (Naruko / Osaki / TomeArea)
Open 24 hours
- Miyagi Pref. Osakishi Narukonsen Hoshinuma 13-5 [map]
- State of fall foliage
- Fallen leaves
- Autumn foliage forecast
- Mid-Oct.-Early Nov.
- Open 24 hours
- open everyday (The winter season is closed)
- Parking Lot
Some areas paidAvailable (Naruko Goru Rest House:Charge (350spaces)
- Night viewing
- Not available
- Public toilets
- siebold maple, Honshu maple, painted maple, koshiabura, Gamblea innovans
- Inquiries ahead:Naruko Onsenkyo Tourist Association Tourist Information Center (0229-83-3441)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Lying along the northeastern coast of Japan, Miyagi prefecture is home to lashings of natural parks, oysters, and hot springs. While the bustling city of Sendai offers some simple city entertainment, it's the Matsushima islands that deserve the most attention, having boosted the prefecture's reputation as one of Japan's most scenic views.