Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
Located in the sprawling Yachi Wetlands, a habitat for alpine plants, this hot spring boasts 400 years of history and is considered one of Japan's top three secluded springs. The Yachi Onsen hot spring inn's bathtubs are filled directly from the bottom with waters said to treat lower back pain and atopy. The inn's bathhouse facilities are open to non-guests, as well, and visitors can stop by for a casual hot spring bath experience. The inn is famous for its dishes made with fresh char raised in the clean spring waters welling forth at the foot of Mt. Takada-odake, part of the Hakkoda Mountains, and whether you choose the sashimi or the grilled char, you're sure to experience culinary bliss. The inn's cuisine is also available to non-guests, so day trip hot spring bathers and visiting mountain climbers should also be sure not to miss the chance to enjoy cuisine prepared with char, edible wild plants, and fresh-picked local vegetables.
- Aomori Towada-shi Horyo Yachi 1
- Water type
[Uenoyu] simple sulfur spring (Hydrogen sulfide hypotonic mildly acidic hot spring)
[Under gentian] simple spring (hypotonic mildly acidic low hot spring)
- Temperature of spring
- nerve pain, Joint inflammation, muscle soreness, sensitivity to cold, aid recovery from fatigue, insomnia, Atopic dermatitis, Chronic illnessesetc
- Number of source springs
- Amount of water flow
- not specified
- Number of public baths
- Number of day trip bathhouses
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Rustic escape
- An old, traditional onsen hidden away on top of the mountains, we drove in the dark and it was snowing when we arrived, but the rooms and bedding were very warm. Doors and partitions are thin so be...
- Escape everything
- - No internet- 38c and 42c onsen baths only inside- rooms thin walls- kitchen for own meals - only 3,800 yen- ski resort road closed from 6pm to 9am so need to go long way round- trek up mt and...
- Yachi Onsen: old-fashioned, genuine, and good!
- Summary:happy daytime visit -- clean, friendly, old-fashioned, timeless atmosphere, good!Details:great onsen relaxation after a couple of hours of early-spring snowshoeing at nearby Kasamatsu...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.