Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
A hot spring district sprawling at the foot of 1,700 meter tall Mt. Adatara in Bandai-Asahi National Park. The area's acidic springs, a type found almost nowhere else in the country, are said to have been discovered by the shogun Sakanoue no Tamuramaro during his eastern expedition. The tasteless, odorless waters of the area's springs have a pH of 2.48 and are said to ease nerve pain, help heal motor paralysis, aid recovery from fatigue, and promote health. Long ago, during a time when there were no antibiotics, this ancient hot spring district provided an invaluable method of treatment for many diseases. In a Japan Hot Spring Association survey, this hot spring destination was selected as having the best natural beauty in the country and was also awarded the Fourth Superior Sight Seeing Area Cultivation Award by the Japan Travel and Tourism Association. The area also conducts fun health programs which combine hot spring bathing, cuisine, and exercise.
- Fukushima Nihonmatsu-shi Take Onsen 1-16
- Water type
- simple acidic springs
- Temperature of spring
- nerve pain, muscle soreness, joint pain, aid recovery from fatigue, frozen shoulders, sensitivity to cold, Bruises, chronic skin diseases, chronic digestive diseases, cuts, burns, Hemorrhoids, chronic women's diseasesetc
- Number of source springs
- Amount of water flow
- Number of public baths
- Number of day trip bathhouses
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Plenty of options
- Were lucky to live near Dake Onsen, a 20 minute drive up the mountain.The roads are typically narrow but in good condition and limited to 40kph.Dake Onsen has many choices for eating and...
- great experience in Mt Adatara Nihonmatsu
- Attended oxfam trail walker 2015 in Mt Adatara Nihonmatsu and I have a wonderful experience. The view there is excellent, you may choose climb up from hotspring hotel or take a tram to the station...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.