Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
A hot spring district located in a ravine consisting of some 24 kilometers of continuous sheer cliffs at the foot of Mt. Kurodake. The area boasts over 60 source springs and an accordingly abundant flow of piping hot water. One of Hokkaido's top destinations for picturesque scenery, this hot spring village also serves as a base for sightseeing in Daisetsuzan National Park. There are many famous and beautiful waterfalls in the area such as Ryusei Falls; a stream in the area, fed by a hot spring, is lined with Japanese maples and many other deciduous trees, and in fall the entire area is decorated with gorgeous autumn foliage. The area's mildly alkaline chloride springs and sulfate springs are gentle on the skin and accordingly are favored by men and women of all ages.
- Hokkaido Kamikawa-gun Kamikawacho Sounkyo
- Asahikawa Area
- Water type
- sulfur springs, simple springetc
- Temperature of spring
- nerve pain, muscle soreness, joint pain, aid recovery from fatigue, sensitivity to cold, frozen shoulders, Bruises, chronic digestive diseases, skin diseases, cuts, chronic women's diseasesetc
- Number of day trip bathhouses
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- A snowy and windy Nov 2019
- The writer took the JR from Asahikawa to Kamikawa and bus to Sounkyo Onsen in Nov 2019. It was a snowy and windy day that I could not walk to the nearest fall. The city was quietly and could be...
- smoking hotel
- This place has a lovely setting but because it allows smoking there is nowhere to escape from the lingering smell. Even the so called non smoking rooms have the smell of smoke. I can not recommend...
- Cozy little town
- This is a small town which is easily covered on foot. Not much to do in the town area other than the cable car, but there were some lovely Halloween pumpkin displays. We also stumbled across a hot...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.