Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
This hot spring district, one of the largest in Hokkaido, was created by the eruption of Mt. Yosomiyama in 1910. Many hot spring hotels stand side by side in the area, particularly on the bank of Lake Toya. There are also day trip bathhouses and free footbaths, and here visitors can luxuriate in relaxing hot spring waters while enjoying the vast, picturesque scenery of the Lake Toya area. The chloride springs found here contain an abundance of potassium and sodium; note that they are not drinkable. Lake Toya Long-Run Fireworks Nights fireworks displays are held each year here from late April through October, and during these times the area bustles with many tourists. Taking a dip in a hot spring bath while enjoying a fireworks display is particularly fun.
- Hokkaido Abuta-gun Toyako Cho Toyako Onsen
- Water type
- sodium/calcium-chloride springetc
- Temperature of spring
- nerve pain, muscle soreness, joint pain, aid recovery from fatigue, sensitivity to cold, frozen shoulders, gastrointestinal disorders, Bruises, Sprains, Abnormally dry skin, cuts, Diabetes, Respiratory illnesses, Peripheral circulatory failure, Depressionetc
- Number of source springs
- Amount of water flow
- Number of public baths
- Number of day trip bathhouses
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Nice views and 45 min boat ride on lake available
- We had a nice stop here - a walk along the waterfront. We stopped at a local bakery for a pastry and coffee...but not much to do except enjoy the beautiful lake and Mountain Views
- Not much to do and see
- Toyako onsen is located at the southern shore of Lake Toya. Some hotels offers very good view of the mystical lake.Access to the hotels could be challenging. Visitors using JR must take a bus that...
- Beautiful place but note of caution on GPS
- We drove to this town to soak in the beautiful scenery, and we were not disappointed. Went to the Silo observatory and looked down upon the beautiful and misty lake. Then we had a nice soak in the...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.