Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
An atmospheric hot spring district which retains many traces of Japan's bygone Taisho period. Situated along the Ginzan River, wooden multistory ryokan inns stand eave to eave here, and visitors will feel like they've gone back in time. Particularly in winter when coupled with the surrounding snowscape, the area is a sprawling array of magical scenery, endlessly delighting the many tourists who come here. The area's transparent sulfate spring waters contain an abundance of potassium, calcium, and other minerals, and are said to promote health and aid recovery from fatigue as well as help heal cuts, burns, chronic skin diseases, chronic women's diseases, and muscle soreness.
- Yamagata Pref. Obanazawashi Ginzanshimbata
- Murayama Area
- Water type
- sodium-chloride/sulfate springetc
- Temperature of spring
- nerve pain, muscle soreness, joint pain, aid recovery from fatigue, frozen shoulders, sensitivity to cold, Bruises, cuts, burns, chronic skin diseases, Diabetes, constipation, chronic digestive diseases, high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, chronic women's diseases, Hemorrhoid setc
- Number of source springs
- Amount of water flow
- Number of public baths
- Number of day trip bathhouses
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Interesting Place.
- If you want to visit this town it is easier if you drive or hire a taxi for 30,000 yen for around 4 hours and it only takes 1 hour to drive. We booked the taxi at our Inn Amazuno so managed to get a...
- What a wonderland
- I’ll say it’s a must see place in Tokyo - so you can feel the historic atmosphere and enjoy the unbelievably beautiful view during your stay at Ginzan Onsen.
- Memorable Xmas
- It snowed during Xmas time, it is so memorable. Ginzan is a small town but u can relax and enjoy here. Scenery is gorgeous, highly recommend it.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.