AKAKURA Kanko Resort Ski Resort
This ski resort adjacent to Akakura Onsen is a mere eight minutes from Myoko-Kogen Interchange. Besides being easily accessible, its free parking lot with room for 1,000 cars right next to the slopes means guests can start skiing immediately upon arrival. The resort, Japan’s first officially-designated international ski area, has courses for all ability levels, but an especially good selection of intermediate and expert courses. The Hotel Number 5 lift offers guests a long course around 4,000 meters in length. A free ride park is also located along each course. For small children, we recommend the Chibikko Hiroba (Kid’s Square) located by the parking lot.
- Nigata Pref. Myoukoushi Tagiri 216
- Myoko / Joetsu Area
- Ski resort season
※Depending on the facility
- open everyday (in Period)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Good long runs with great lift facilities.
- My only complaint about this lovely ski area is snow boarders whose sole aim is to get from the top to bottom as fast as possible whilst shredding the piste.
- Lots of Good Slopes
- There is lots of area to board here. It can be a bit busy on weekends. If so, try going across to Akakura Onsen.
- Terrific terrain
- Got the 3 day pass here, don’t waste your money on Aka Onsen unless you’re a beginner. Lifts are so easy to access from town. Had some epic powder at the start of Feb! Be careful of ducking ropes...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.