Zao Onsen Ski Resort
This is a ski resort located in Zao Onsen Yamagata City Yamagata Prefecture boasting the largest land area in Tohoku. The courses have a wide variety of length and inclines and it is also enjoyed by school excursion parties as well as families and couples. The upper ice-field course offers a wide view of the signature frost-covered trees. Seeing the magical frost-covered trees illuminated at night is a must. The Zao Onsen town spreads out from the mountain’s foot.
- Yamagata Pref. Yamagatashi Zaouonsen 708-1
- Murayama Area
[Sky Season Zao Central Ropeway] 8:15-17:00
[Sky Season Zao Ropeway (Zao Sanroku Station-Juice Plateau Station)] 8:15-16:45
[Sky Season Zao Ropeway (Juki Heights Station-Zao Jizo) (Mountain Station)] 8:30-16:30
[Sky Season Zao Ropeway (Direct Line)] 8:15-16:30
[Skyfield] open everyday
[Tourist Information Center] TuesdayWednesday
※ Loyway maintenance suspension at May/Nov.
[Season common ticket 1Sunday ticket] Adults 5,000yen, Shinia (55 years old and over), junior and senior high school students 4,400yen, Elementary school age students and under2,500yen
[eater ticket] Adults 2,400yen, Children1,200yen, etc. Depends on Friday's amount of change
[Zao Skyline, Zao Chuo ropeway] One way Adults800yen, Elementary school age students and under400yen/round-trip Adults1,500yen, Elementary school age students and under750yen
[Zao ropeway] One way Adults800yen, Elementary school age students and under400yen/round-trip Adults1,500yen, Elementary school age students and under800yen
[Zao ropeway (directly on the summit line)] One way Adults1,500yen, Elementary school age students and under800yen/round-trip Adults3,000yen, Elementary school age students and under1, 500yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Come here for skiing, overwhelming experience!
- Such a great ski resort and all is great. You can spend 4 days for skiing and enjoy the speed and scenery passing by you when skiing. After the daily ski, in the evening you can enjoy the hot spring...
- SNOW MONSTERS ARE AMAZING
- What an awesome sight to see the snow monsters as high as 3 meters tall, located on top of Mount Zao in Yamagata Prefecture. It is accessible via cable car from the Zao Ropeway. The ski resort also...
- Reason we visited Tōhoku (snow monsters)
- Group of friends planned to visit Japan in winter to see the snow monsters at this ski resort and the experience did not disappoint. Have to have decent conditions to see the Juhyo. The ski resort is...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.