Kanmon Line Ferry
Pleasure Boat / Water Cruise
A ferry line connecting Moji Ward in Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka Prefecture, with Karato Town in Shimonoseki City, Yamaguchi Prefecture. It boards and departs from the Mojiko Pier on the Kitakyushu side and from the Shimonoseki Karato No. 1 Pier on the Shimonoseki side. The crossing time is approximately five minutes. While crossing the Kanmon Strait you'll have an amazing view of the Kanmon Bridge, Ganryu Island, and more.
- Fukuoka Kitakyushu-shi Moji-ku Nishi Kaigan 1-4-1 Marine Gate Moji
- Mojiko Area
- [Service Hours] 6:00-22:00 (Sunday Public holidays from 7:00)
- open everyday (suspended in stormy weather)
- [Boarding fee] One way 400yen
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Not available
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Day] 1-1,000yen [Night] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (small dogs only)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Fast way to cross the Kanmon Strait!
- In 2018 I spent the best part of a whole day walking from Mojiko to Shimonoseki via the Kanmon Pedestrian Tunnel. On a beautiful sunny Spring day; a thoroughly enjoyable 11~12km walk, taking in the...
- Five mins from Shimonoseki to Mojiko
- It might be the fastest means to cross Kanmon strait. Took us five minutes from Karato to Mojiko. The pier is in between Karato market and Kaikyokan aquarium and tickets can be purchased right next...
- 5-minite-boat-ride between Karato(Shimonoseki) and Mojiko(Kitakyushu) 関門海峡を横断する渡し船
- This 5-minite-boat-ride between Karato(Shimonoseki) and Mojiko(Kitakyushu) is the best way to visit both sides of the Kanmon Strait. You pay 400 yen for one way or 900 yen for One Day Pass which...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.