Sagamihara Asamizo Park (市立相模原麻溝公園)
This roughly 45.3-hectare park has facilities like a water plaza, an obstacle course, and a petting zoo. It's highly popular, especially with families. The park has lots of colorful seasonal flowers, and a fence is covered in clematis, which are rather uncommon in Japan. Their Clematis Fair is held every May. About 200 types of 7,400 hydrangea burst into lovely bloom from early to late June.
Kanagawa Sagamihara-shi Minami-ku Asamizodai 2317-1 (SagamiharaArea)
[Fureai Animal Square] [Apr.--Sep.] 9:30-17:00 [Oct.--Mar.] 9:30-16:00
Review of Asamizo ParkTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
There are flower park(botanical building is not free), square, animal park.
Children enjoy all the day.
- Kanagawa Sagamihara-shi Minami-ku Asamizodai 2317-1 [map]
- [Fureai Animal Square] [Apr.--Sep.] 9:30-17:00 [Oct.--Mar.] 9:30-16:00
- [Fureai Animal Square] Monday (The day following if it falls on a public holiday), New Year's holiday [Park Management Office, Green Tower Sagamihara (Observatory), Field Athletic] 2, 5, 8, Nov 4th Monday (The day following if it falls on a public holiday), New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee] Free [Green Tower Sagamihara, Fureai Animal Square, etc.] Free [Fureai Animal Square Essay Experience] 100yen [Pony Horseback Riding] 1 time 100yen * Pony Horseback Riding once from 10Monday 2020 It will be 130yen.
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Available (fixed place in the park)
- Not available
- English Menu
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (some parts of the park cannot be used)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kanagawa prefecture acts as an extension of the Tokyo metropolis that spills over into coastal towns, most notably Yokohama city, heavily populated and known for its Chinatown and seaside attractions. Just the right distance for a day trip out of Tokyo, Kanagawa is home to some of Tokyo's most accessible beaches, including around Kamakura, best known for its Big Buddha. Visitors can also travel a little farther afield for a weekend at Hakone onsen town.