Sakurajima Visitor Center
Tourism Information Office
This visitor center for Sakurajima is located in Kirishima Kinkowan National Park (Sakurajima). The center features informational exhibits about the history of the volcano's eruptions as well as the nature on the island. It is popular for allowing visitors to experience the living Sakurajima through its high-definition theater, dioramas, computers, and other media. Exhibits include volcanic projectiles of various sizes from actual eruptions, a cross-sectional model of the volcano's layers, live camera footage of its Showa crater, and real time seismograph data, and up-to-date numbers of past eruptions. There is also a museum shop where visitors can purchase souvenirs such as the island's special products as well as volcanic ash and rocks.
- Kagoshima Kagoshima-shi Sakurajimayokoyamacho 1722-29 Map
- Sakurajima Area
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
※Free, free parking lots around ManyAvailable
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (It is OK if it is in a cage or held in your arms.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Real-time volcano data!
- I arrived at the visitor centre before 9am but it wasn’t open yet, so I went for a dip in the free foot onsen nearby before coming back here again. Was pleasantly surprised by the small museum in the...
- Friendly, helpful staff
- We found the staff were very friendly and helpful. You can find signs posted in Japaneses as well as in English.. This was an informative interpretive stop; a small gift shop on site for your...
- Great first stop when you come to Sakurajima
- When you arrive at Sakurajima, this should most likely be your first stop. Great photography exhibition, knowledgeable and friendly staff, island model where you can see best spots to observe...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.