Sushi Kappo Aoki
An authentic kappo sushi restaurant a five-minute walk across the tracks from Tsuwano Station. It's a good place to try uzume-meshi, a rice dish that's a specialty of the Iwami region. The shop has a relaxed, nostalgic atmosphere. Dating back to the Edo period, at first glance uzume-meshi looks like another common rice soup called ochazuke. Tradition says its origins lied in hiding the main ingredients beneath the rice to appease Tsuwano's feudal lord, who was appalled by excess. Finely chopped carrots, shiitake mushrooms, kamaboko fish cake, etc. are simmered in a rich soup stock and served with rice in a lidded pot. It's delicious with fresh grated wasabi and nori seaweed, with crispy Japanese parsley accenting the lightly seasoned broth. The dish has been designated one of Japan's five most famous rice dishes by the Imperial Household Agency.
- Shimane Kanoashi-gun Tsuwanocho Ushiroda I78-10
- Tuesday(Open on public holidays)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (Softbank)
- English Menu
- Average budget
- [Day] 1,001-3,000yen [Night] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Great sushi
- Beautifully presented fresh and tasty sushi at reasonable prices. Considering this is an inland town it was quite surprising. They have a partial English menu and pictures of the set menus...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.