San'in Kaigan Geopark Museum of the Earth and Sea
Museum / Science Museum
"This museum, located 30 minutes from the Tottori Interchange on the Tottori Expressway, introduces the wonders of San'in Kaigan Geopark via a variety of exhibits and images. The museum also holds various events throughout the year such as nature watching sessions and nature classes. Particularly popular exhibits include the ""touchable globe,"" a digital globe visitors can touch and interact with to learn more about the workings of our planet from a variety of perspectives; aquariums containing examples of fish and other creatures living in the area; and periodic screenings of realistic, 3D films of the interiors of the Kairyujin (sea cave)and Okaryujin (land cave), two caves on the tip of Cape Haneo to which entry is currently prohibited."
- Tottori Iwami-gun Iwamicho Makidani 1794-4
- [Normal] 9:00-17:00 [July--Saturday of Aug.] 9:00-18:00
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), New Year's holiday (12/29-1/3) * 7/20-8/31 is open everyday
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
- Available [Standard size] 19spaces [Large Bus] 3spaces
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Interesting museum
- Not so big but very interesting place where you can learn a lot about the local sea animals, plants and minerals. Good for children and adults. Also, there are a few aquariums with some very cute...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.